Tuesday, November 5, 2019

To The Past Heroes

To the past heros
-------------------------------

I sat at the bar,
With a drink on my hand,
Blabbing about life,
All drunk, thinking out loud.

A woman across the table,
Notice my act,
She walked up to me,
To ask why,
I stood up, raising my wine.

To the men,
Who are gone,
Living their life as gods,
A life well spent of course,
We respect what you've done,
Leave some legacy for us.

To the brave ones,
Who fall to simple mistake,
Who refuse to get up,
Because of the shame,
Get your shit together,
We need you to summon courage,
Cos we are about to make another.

To the women,
Having the strength of ten,
Walking side by side,
Standing equal with men.

Fighting for the respect,,
And dignity of women,
Your work is not done,
Give some to the weak ones.

Finally to my past,
My present and future,
I pray to get what I want,
I pray to have what I need,
And of course, not what I deserve.

She stood up from her chair,
She took a cup of beer,
And raise it up, to make a Cheers.
                 ✍Tade 🌠

No comments:

Post a Comment

Broken stairs.

 Broken stairs ----------------------- You broke me first, I did mine, And it suddenly felt wrong, Like you were right all along. You lost m...